Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What Was Your First House?

Today Katie and I closed on our first house. We were mildly excited, but truth be told, it was just faster than we ever thought it would happen. It's quite overwhelming right now, but since I have a while (30 years) to work on the house, I guess I will have a while to sort through it all and tell stories about all there is racing through my brain. To keep my brain from writing too much and making a mess, here's what I'm going to be writing about when I sit down and make a 20 minute focus every day or two:




1. How we met/married/got to being homeowners.
2. Searching for the perfect house with the talented Jean Matich
3. The Winchester Mansion of Arlington, Virginia
4. Why we wanted a fenced in yard
5. The size of our "To do list"
6. How our house is better than snakes
7. Subtlety - The tile in the living room, it isn't mustard colored, but the walls are a little pink
8. SLAUGHTER in the Kitchen -  worst paint job ever
9. Our Paint Scheme
10. Fighting Foreclosed Freezer Funk

To find out if anyone is reading this, here's a question for you: What was your first house? What made it awesome? What was the worst part of it? How would you have done things differently?

-Jeff


1 comment:

  1. Our first house was in Charlottesville, VA. The only thing we would have done differently would probably be to get a house with a garage, but overall, our house was awesome. The finishes were the best part... granite, stainless, white trim, and plantation shutters. The basement was the only item that needed some work.

    Love all you have done to your home Jeff and Katie. I can't wait to come see it!

    Love
    Kelly and the Dieners

    ReplyDelete